Founder, Principal Advisor
John is a transformational sales leader with considerable talent for understanding the business objectives of life science company executives and translating those into increased ROI of their sales asset. Experience includes exceptional leadership of domestic and international sales teams producing millions to billions of instrumentation, consumables and service revenues at:
- 10x Genomics
- Agilent Technologies
- Stratagene (now Agilent)
- Fisher Scientific International (now Thermo-Fisher)
The sales force is the primary revenue engine of the company and must be built for optimal performance. There is a tendency to overlook the internal and external factors that impede the productivity of a sales force and assume it is working effectively. John is accomplished at identifying the right priorities and leading productive change to unify infrastructure and build competitiveness that creates confident sales teams prepared to win in the marketplace.
Building, motivating and nurturing winning sales teams requires credible leadership. As a trusted and engaging leader, John has proven ability to win the hearts and minds of sales teams to rapidly execute strategies and achieve sustainable success.
- An insatiable desire to transform ordinary sales teams into extraordinary performers.
- Rare ability to productively disrupt sales organizations to create improved, sustainable change.
- Recognized as adept at developing sales channels practically anywhere on earth.
- Confident leader with C-level to field level communication and inspiration skills.
Leading Global Bio-Analytical Instrumentation Manufacturer
- Formed and launched a separate $670M life science market-focused global sales channel in 90 days and led team to exceed $1B in sales within five years.
- Launched a separate $300 million genomics sales channel, built channel strategy and recruited leader in 30 days.
- Led the ground-up turnaround of the Greater China life sciences sales team regaining double-digit growth within 12 months.
- Took responsibility for the struggling $800M America’s region and led it back to growth within 120 days. Sales reached nearly $1B within two years and became one of the company’s’ fastest growing regions.
- Built and launched within six months the first dedicated academic sales team of the company to capitalize on new government NIH stimulus funding, and exceeded 25% growth during the 2008-2009 financial crisis.
- Completed integration of the newly acquired molecular biology tools company global sales and customer service organization into the parent company functions six months ahead of schedule.
Innovative Molecular Biology Tools Provider
- Key executive participant in the acquisition of the company by a leading global bio-analytical instrument manufacturer.
- Aggressively launched a new QPCR platform through a worldwide sales network and attained 15% share of worldwide QPCR research market within two years.
- Accelerated the company’s global customer reach and growth by rapidly increasing the distributor network to over 40 international partners and provided them with an acclaimed support program.
- Created Western European-wide direct sales team and a newly formed Japan sales team to accelerate growth in major international markets.
- Upon joining the company, quickly stabilized and expanded the domestic sales team and increased growth rate from single-digit to double-digit in the first six months.
Major International Distributor and Manufacturer
- Increased western region sales from $63 million to $160 million in six years, achieving >15% CAGR.
- Lead role in winning the 7-year, $150 million University of California laboratory supply contract – the largest customer contract award in company history.
Detailed professional history: http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnpouk